A game mode is a type of race or derby event in the Destruction Derby games. Also called race styles, there have been a total of 19 in the series.
Four online-only modes in Destruction Derby Arenas are no longer playable as the game's online servers were shut in 2008.
Identical modes, different namesEdit
Throughout each game of the series, the names of some modes changed, even though the mode itself is either similar or exactly the same:
- Destruction Derby in Destruction Derby and Destruction Derby 2 is pretty much the same as Deathmatch in Destruction Derby 64, Classic in Destruction Derby Raw, and Destruction Bowl in Destruction Derby Arenas.
- Championship in DD, DD2 and DD Arenas is the same as World Championship in DD64.
- Total Destruction in DD and DD2 is the same as Armageddon in DD Raw.
- Bomb Tag in DD64 is the same as Pass Da Bomb in DD Raw and Pass The Bomb in DD Arenas.
- Race Practice in DD is the same as Practice in DD2, but not the same as Practice in DD Raw.
- 'Wrecking Racing' in DD2 and DD Arenas is called 'Wreckin' Racing' in DD and DD Raw.
- 'Time Trial' in DD2 and DD64 is called Time Trials in the first DD.
Of course, rules and the formats still differ between the games.